Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Tim Holtz Alterations # Tattered Floral Die Cuts... made into Stamps !

Morning bloggers... me again with post number two for today. My Twinchies post is below this one!

I so enjoyed making this project....It's an 8" x 10" canvas, painted with Gesso and a pale green acrylic paint for the background, then using the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die, I made some STAMPS!


The flowers were cut using thin foam then I mounted the foam die cut onto my acrylic block and stamped using various colours of ACRYLIC PAINT ... I will buy some Distress Paints at Ally Pally in April because I first saw this project on the brilliant blog of Paula's and she created her canvas using them .... amazing.
Please go and look at the TUTORIAL she has put on her blog. I also have to credit Paula for the design of my project ... I just loved it and learnt a lot.. so it's all good! 

Thank you for popping by my blog today ... back soon.
Have a good week.
Eileen xx

18 comments:

  1. Wow! What a clever idea! Really love this, the colours are superb xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everso juicy and yummy, I love it. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and what a super card. I love it. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the canvas and the use of the tattered floras as stamps, fabulous.

    Sylv x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use foam to make your own stamps from die cuts - works very well and if the paint damages the foam there isn't much lost is there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous. Clever you making TF stamps! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is amazing and so clever to make your own stamps too. Love the beautiful colours and the gorgeous sentiment.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea and a stunning result x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Eileen, such a vibrant and attractive piece.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous canvas art Eileen! It's impressive that you created stamps from cutting dies and love your vibrant colours. Hope you are doing well, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a clever idea I can't wait to try it.

    Thank you for the inspiration

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great canvas Eileen, it is always good to see what crafty creations you make.....you are such a talented lady....hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever idea, Eileen, and your creation is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the great idea. I am going to experiment now with the many dies I have. I am rather idea challenged! Am enjoying your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the great idea Eileen. Am off to experiment with my dies. I do enjoy seeing your very clever and innovative creations. Glad you liked the Aboriginal design teatowel. My pleasure. Valda

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an excellent idea! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.