Saturday, 23 March 2013

Distress Inks and Designs By Ryn 'Sea Bubbles' Stamps

Morning all. Some parts of the UK are having the most terrible weather. We are so lucky here, in the South-east, above freezing with just rain at the moment.
My thoughts go especially to all those who have to work in these awful conditions, also the farm animals and wildlife that are having to cope with the snow. I'll be filling up my bird feeders. Please put out some food for them if you can. X


This card is another using the brilliant stamps from Designs By Ryn.
Ryn is a very talented young designer and many of us (thousands I bet!) have bought her famous Water Droplet Stamp!
White Linen card stock from the Papermill Direct, Faded Jeans, Mustard Seed ( just a touch) and Mowed Lawn Distress inks.
The 'Sea Bubbles' image was stamped using Onyx Black Versafine ink and the Sizzix Butterflies were coloured with various colours of distress inks, plus a few dabs with a white Uni-Posca pen.   
It's a quick and easy card, why not have a go at this one!


Many thanks for the comments and support for my blog and also the overwhelming interest in my Workshops ... they are almost fully booked until the Autumn! I'm looking forward to meeting and making new crafty friendsIt's the Allhallows Crop today so I'm out to play. Stay warm, have a good weekend.
Happy crafting
Eileen x 

20 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Eileen, and I might have a go actually! I have this stamp, it's a lovely stamp, in fact all of her stamps are terrific, xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!1 Love this card. So neat and clean and fresh looking. Have bought some of Ryn's stamps as I love them!!!!! but still trying to find time to play with them!!!!!!Love the colours you have used here and that some of the card is left white, makes for a refreshing change rather than all coloured,,,,just a personal view.Gorgeous butterflies too. Have a good time at Allhallows today
    carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eileen do love this card and feeling for you all over there with the weather.. yes have seen the water drop stamp around the traps too it is so gorgeous, thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Eileen, I love the sea bubbles stamp, it's so versitile making lovely swirls on backgrounds as well.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours of this card Eileen, really beautiful. Have a good time at the crop today.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen, this is so neat. What order do you do the colouring and scoring on the centre panel to get such perfection? Wish I lived close enough to get along to one of your classes.
    Thanks, Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela.. I scored the lines first, then used masking tape to mask off the area that I wanted to ink... plonked on the ink, stamped and carefully ... removed the tape hoping the ink had stayed within the lines... this time it did!
      E xx

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful, pinning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. as always absolutely stunning Eileen! keep warm and safe hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so loving this card Eileen and the gorgeous colours and those butterflies look gorgeous. I hope you have had a wonderful day.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card, love the colors and the gorgeous stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a crisp effect highlighted by the plain white, really beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stamps and the burst of colour on this card. Hope you're keeping warm, pity we can't exchange some of your cold for some of our heat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your interest and lovely comments
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Eileen, you sure have been busy! lol, I feel like it's Christmas! Thank you so much :) I love how you often use a part of the stamp instead of the whole thing. Such wonderful comments. They were a pleasure for me to read too. I just posted all three of your latest Designs by Ryn creations to my blog and will post to Facebook as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Eileen - beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a beautiful blog and some wonderful work. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.