Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Crealies Patchwork Dies - Plus Two Stamps and a Stencil.

Hello everyone.
I was delighted to be asked to do a Guest Blog Post on the Crealies Blog.
I love their new Patchwork Dies, so decided to use three of them.
My first card is my favourite and features the Crealies Patchwork Die Number 3.


After cutting the shapes using Watercolour Card, I positioned three of the larger sections together then stamped and embossed my image with WOW, Bright White, Embossing Powder. It's a beautiful Stamp from Altenew Stamps called Persian Motifs. The image was coloured using Aqua Marker Pens.

This card, with a very cute cat from Stampendous Stamps, was cut using Patchwork Dies Number 2.
I'm still playing with these dies and finding so many different shapes and patterns to try.
I'm keeping it simple to begin with but they are so much fun!


My last cards feature my favourite and I believe, the most versatile of the Patchwork Dies, Number 1.
As you can see, I've used the same pretty stamp, from Altenew Stamps called Persian Motifs. in a different colour, for one of them.


After cutting the shapes, I stuck some Lo tac tape onto the back of two of the sections, to hold them together, then turned them over and placed a Donna Downey Stencil, Poppy Fields, down on top of the card stock.I inked the image with red pigment inks and keeping the stencil in place, applied some Sparkle Gel from Imagination Crafts through the stencil. It takes a while to dry!
Thank you for popping over to read this post and a huge thank you to Crealies for asking me to share my cards with you today. I'm planning a couple of Workshops in September, using the Patchwork Dies... I'll let you know how they go.
Back soon
Eileen xx

34 comments:

  1. These are beautiful xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous Eileen..... The dies are certainly a need for everyones collection but your creativity with them shows them off to their best...... Love them all very much ...... Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such elegance - love the versatility of the Crealies Dies. Like working with a jigsaw finding different combinations! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab aren't they Barbara.. off to your blog in a minute.
      E xxx

      Delete
  4. These are wonderful! No wonder they wanted you to show them. XxMargaret Col.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, your comments always appreciated
      E xx

      Delete
  5. Simply stunning Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovey comment ... thank you Linda

      Delete
  6. These are so beautiful and elegant, Eileen. I've just been on the Altenew website and Persian motifs is sold out ..not surprised as your work showcases its beauty perfectly. Goes without saying that I've already ordered the Crealies dies from Oyster stamps. Thank you for sharing how you did these. Don't think my results will be quite as stunning as yours but I'll keep at it. Love Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lordy.. I'll be in trouble for making people spend all their money again !! lol

      Delete
  7. These Crealies dies certainly make interesting cards Eileen and I adore that Altenew stamp in both the pretty colours you have used, and poppies are always a favourite too. I also love that vintage looking cat which looks great framed in that way. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat.. always a lovely comment from you ... appreciate it
      E xxx

      Delete
  8. These cards are absolutely gorgeous, Eileen! Am very tempted with both the dies & the lovely Altenew stamps - really should NOT be buying any more of either, but am already lost to the "need" for these items :-)
    all the best, Liz M xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Liz... when we want some stash we HAVE to have it! lol

      Delete
  9. Perfect. Not too much, just enough to be beautiful. I love your work Eileen, you are mega talented x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine... you are a total star and a super support for me ... Thank you so much.
      E xxxx

      Delete
  10. I love the extra interest these dies give to your cards Eileen. Really, really clever and makes your work stand out from the crowd. Might just have to have some!!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning group of cards, everyone a masterpiece xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual Mate, all gorgeous. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have showcased these dies perfectly Eileen. As soon as I saw your first play with them they went on my wish list! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are gorgeous Eileen. that Persian motif stamp is brill and your colouring of it is awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards. Wish these dies were available in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work Eileen! Have these dies too waiting for a play........xxMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have these dies Eileen, but cannot get them to cut in the Cut and Boss. Any tips appreciated . Your cards are all so beautiful. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there! I just came across this post from a friend and was wondering where I can purchase these dies? I'd be forever grateful to you for the information as I teach a lot of classes and these dies are so interesting and diverse. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.