Friday, 1 March 2013

Lavinia Stamps Challenge #1

Hi ho crafty friends. This card is my DT Sample for the NEW LAVINIA STAMPS challenge  that starts today. 
You could win a Voucher worth £40 to spend in the Lavinia Stamps web shop.
The challenge will have a new theme each month and this month the theme is 'Anything Goes'. It started this morning so you have loads of time to get an entry in.

My card was created using the 'emboss around the edge' technique that I first saw here on Helen's wonderful blog.
Such a fabulous technique, where the image, the beautiful Green Goddess, is stamped with Stazon ink, various colours of Dylusions spray inks applied over the top, dried with a heat gun, then she was painted with bleach. 

I embossed around the edge with a Sizzix Embossing Folder and then highlighted the raised embossed edge with some gold, rub on wax
Thank you for popping by my blog today and also for the lovely comments you leave for me, here on my blog and by email.  
Eileen x
     

19 comments:

  1. Super, Eileen...
    die Farb-Kombination spricht mich sehr an, wunderschön.
    Die Karte wirkt sehr mystisch auf mich.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Eileen, I love your edge embossing. Have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the embossing and the colourings, will be checking out the new challenge over at Lavinia Stamps.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Eileen - beautiful colours, I must try that edge embossing it's so effective x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing card.
    Think I could be tempted to enter the challenge!!
    Good luck with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything you do Eileen, as you know, and this is a beautiful card. I have my Treasure Gold ready to try this technique, I'm now off to find an embossing folder....... Hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous card, Eileen......love the colours and the embossed edge. It's a technique I've used in the past and always gives extra interest, need to get some of that gold though.....;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabulous card, as always Eileen.

    It just so happens that I have used Lavinia stamps on the card I posted up today . . . so I might just enter it into the new challenge! RESULT!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, just realised I can't enter it . . . due to SU Demonstrator rules of promoting other craft products! Oh well! Never mind. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Eileen, you never cease to amaze me with your extraordinary talent. Love everything about this stunning work of art.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the inspiration love this card, I must admit I pinched this technique of embossing the edges from the butterfly one you did, it was a good excuse to get my rub n buff out that had been laying in my stash redundant for oh probably a good few years lol! This is a fab card, love the colours and stamp xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning
    Lovely card you have done to start the challenge for lavina stamps
    I have posted a layout but had a slight issue so you need to remove a failed link .... Sorry
    Jackie
    Http://scrapbangwallop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww thanks Jackie .. I have left you a message ...on your post for Lavinia stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Eileen, I love the embossing around the card. Not had much time to craft recently as my father is still in hospital but need to try and magic sme time up as I have sooo many cards to make.... Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Eileen, I love the embossing around your card as well and of course you fabulous use of colours. Lavinia also has beautiful stamps, I have a few faeries hanging out here, need to get them out of their drawer:) Happy Sunday, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, love the image and colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.