Sunday, 2 September 2012

Circle Cluster Set Stamp by Ryn...and some Sequins

Morning all, F1 racing again today so that means... table in front of the telly with my crafty stuff, making a mess everywhere ...... bliss!

A quick post here to show you this Tag that I've made using the Circle Cluster Set of stamps by Ryn.

I cannot tell you how clever this young lady is.
Her designs are fabulous and she is getting a well deserved, huge fan base here in the UK.
Pop over to her web shop and have a look ... I'm after the Kelp next ! Designs by Ryn, quick delivery too!
This is the lady that designed that fantastic Water Droplet Stamp!

White dots in lines, made using a roll of Glue Dots!
A Distress ink background, Scattered Straw, Antique Linen and Old Paper.
The American Seam binding stuff was coloured with Distress Stains in the same colours to match.

Before I applied the inks I ran a  roll of 'Glue Dots', aka Dawn Bibby (I love this lady, such a clever crafter) over my tag and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. This gives you, when you apply your colours, a Resist Technique. Plus ... you can use up yer Glue Dots... I have millions!

Squint a bit at the picture and you can see them.
American Seam Binding ... love it!
I sprayed water over some lengths of plain American Seam Binding. Screwed it all up, coloured it with Distress Stains and dried it with a heat gun.

Finally, I layered a few of the Circles on top of other Circles and fiddled with pretty Sequins and a White Gel pen .... job done!

Thanks for dropping by today. When you get a moment please pop over to see Shirley's Blog.  Shirley also designs for Ryn and has made a superb Christmas card using Ryn's Celtic Dove Set. So, so pretty!

Thank you also for the lovely comments.
Back soon
Eileen x

22 comments:

  1. This is lovely Eileen such a cleaver idea with the dots

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, why don't I use my distress inks for backgrounds?... Eileen you have inspired me, thank you x. Ps, the tag is beautiful as well lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the glue dots heat embossing tip! Great tag. You're the best Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Eileen. Love the technique with the sticky dots, must give that a go, like you I have loads of the stuff!
    Enjoy your Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's fab, and reminds me of an Indian 'Sari' that I have used at our 'cloakroom' window. Same colours and lots of sequins and little glass pieces. Maybe you could sent this tag to me, to co-ordinate my decor....LOL. Seriously though, I must pop over to Ryn's website, and get some ordering done, those stamps are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen
    what a clever response to a fantastic stamp!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZER Eileen ! Your tag is stunning ! I love this stamp by Ryn,and what you've created with it is 'oh so wonderful' ! Why oh why did I give my bags of sequins away? Beautiful background, love the layering and your dyed 'ribbon'. Have a great Sunday ! Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tag, love the use of the glue dots, brilliant idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a fab win for JB wasn't it? Such a shame Lewis was taken out though!
    This is so gorgeous Eileen, love the whole thing! hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I lived in Kent, I could come to your classes :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous tag Eileen, I love the background stamp you've used (it's already on my wish list, but it's a long one). A great idea to emboss those dots they look great.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creation Eileen. Lots of detail in this one. Love the ribbon. Hugs. Jools. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Eileen, you are rocking these designs, I agree they are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow great tag Eileen and a clever use of this stamp which is gorgeous as all the Ryn background stamps! warm greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry that it took me so long to comment on this. I've been in the middle of a move this weekend. Eileen, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love how you've interpreted the stamp with your own style. As I mentioned on my facebook page, the sequins and cut out circles work really well! The dots in the background are neat for texture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh Eileen, this it so fabulous, I'm having a peek at your blog via my iPhone so will have to visit via my pc to get the full effect. You are an inspiration .

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really gorgeous tag Eileen. Lots of fabulous techniques used here. Very inspirational and I love the colour.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous work Eileen and I could resist Ryn no longer!! Her stamps are simply beautiful. I have ordered the droplets and this recent one you have just used and also two of her flowers,
    can't wait to get them and play............thanks for pointing me in her direction and thank you for all your beautiful creations x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eileen this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Thursday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Can't say anymore than that Eileen xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.