Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Splodge- A- Mask and a Clarity Snowflake Stamp

Hi ya... a quick post today as I'm going out soon.

This card features one of the masks from the Splodge-A-Mask Range. 'Shiver' is one of the words in the  Icicle Words Set and is available on the Create and Craft TV Web Site.

I stuck the mask down onto my card stock with low tack masking tape so that it wouldn't move, then I used some Iridescent Paste and a pallet knife and applied the paste over the Mask.

Being careful not to 'over work' the paste, I lifted off the tape and was very pleased with this result.
Drying time is few hours but please ensure you wash your mask straight after 'lift off' or you will ruin it with the paste residue.
A couple of scored lines, some Clarity Stamp Snowflakes, plus a few gems.
Then it's the final matting and layering onto some coloured card stock..  all done!

Thanks for popping by my blog today .
Take care.
Back soon
Eileen xx

20 comments:

  1. This is beautiful elaine very striking great colours too
    Jacki xx
    http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Eileen love that snowflake stamp

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love the colours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing - such precision with the embossing paste - I think I'd probably just end up with a total mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gawjussssssssss as usual and I'm addicted to that linen card Eileen lol huggles xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic, beautiful and stunning xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab Eileen, lovely snowflake and great job on the paste! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh boy !!! me need more Splodge products! gorgeous card Eileen and so wonderfully different hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey not bad Eileen!! Love the wording, the depth that you have achieved is admirable! I have done this with Guesso but not irridensant, will have to try it, I assume the irridescent is clear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ... not clear Sam ... a sort of pearly silver as shown ....It shimmers more in real life ... but don't we all! lol xx

      Delete
  10. Love the card, and what a brilliant way to use the mask.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Gobsmacked' came to mind as soon as I saw 'shiver'. I haven't come across Splodge products here in Australia, but I daresay they'll arrive one day, I'll keep a lookout for them. Love the colours in your snowflakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eileen, It looks like an iced cake, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, shiver, does indeed make you want to shiver (nice alternative to the C word)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Eileen so dimensional, I love it. Have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bugger, bugger, bugger.......something else I need/want/desire/must have, or I'll go into a mood! I'm not looking at this blog any more Eileen, it's dangerous to my bank account!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.