Friday, 12 October 2012

Distress Inks, a SplodgeAway Mat and Indigo Blu Stamps.

The Completed Tag
Hi ya bloggers... This is a picture tutorial with just a few words! A Distress Inks Tag using some Indigo Blu Stamps and a SplodgeAway Mat.
Picture 2. Distress Ink Colours
Picture 3 SplodgeAway Mat and Blending Tools
 Picture 3.Using a Blending Tool and a SplodgeAway Mat you apply the inks directly from the ink pad onto the mat itself, then use the blending tool to ‘buff’ the ink into a wide but evenly spread area on it’s special surface. This gives you an even distribution of colour that allows you to blend your colours without the dreaded lines. I use a circular motion, sweeping off across the surface of the mat onto the Tag.
Picture 4 Blended Distress colours
Picture 5
Picture 5. I sprayed water into my cupped hand, flicked it over the Tag and dried with a paper towel and a heat gun.
Picture 6. Stamp Press and Indigo Blu Stamps.
Picture 7. Images Stamped with Versafine Inks
Picture 8.A Yard of Seam Binding coloured with Distress stains
Thanks for looking today.  
See you soon.
Eileen xx

18 comments:

  1. This is lovely Eileen huggles hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Eileen, i love the Tag, the colours are gorgeous
    karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant picture tutorial and beautiful tag - a picture is worth a thousand words!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, love the colors! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag and great tutorial ! Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty tag, and an excellent blending job! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag, great blending and great tutorial....I still won't get mine to look like this though :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a gorgeous tag, Eileen! I've been wondering whether I need a SplodgeAway mat. I think you've convinced me that I do! Great tutorial too.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the 'pictorial' - great TAG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done it again Eileen, another super tag. Love the vibrant colours, and such a fab tutorial too. I wouldn't be without my SplodgeAway mat.
    Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Eileen - not bad blending there you should be on the SplodgeAway Design Team!!! Lovely tag. Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know ... 'ave a word, Sam ! lol lol lol. xx

      Delete
  12. Wonderful tag and great use of the colours and stamps

    Best Wishes Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Eileen, just popped in from Black Cat Scrapbooking and have to say I really like your creations using Distress Inks/Stains. Can't say I've come across a SplodgeAway Mat, so am a bit curious about that. Also haven't seen an Altered Dictionary before either, think I might give that one a whirl. I'll definately be back to visit again. Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful tag, love the colours and the tutorial is great thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.