Sunday, 7 October 2012

PanPastels and Designs by Ryn Stamps.

Morning all, I'm writing this post as I prepare to watch the Japanese Grand Prix. A cracking start to my day! My crafty friend Gina will be watching as well, so that's TWO of us!

The theme for this weeks PanPastels Challenge is "Altered / Recycled Item". My DT sample is a page from my Altered Art Dictionary (see the Tabs at the top of my blog for more examples).

I stamped, using Versamark ink, the leaves, from Designs by Ryn. Those Water Droplets look so REAL and the Leaves are stunning. Then applied PanPastels over the top of the images.
I cannot say how many colours I used, they blend so well so I just went for it! After setting the PanPastels I stamped the Water Droplet image over the top with Versafine Blue Lagoon Ink.

This is the first time I used PanPastels on one of my pages, they are great for this, so join in our challenge and maybe even buy a Dictionary and start your own Dictionary Pages.

You can use any medium you like. Just decorate the page and then highlight the word that best represents the image or images you've  chosen to use.
Best of all, you could win a Trial pack of the Pans from our Sponsor
My friend Shirley uses Ryn's Stamps ... please check out her blog...Paper Creations by Shirley
Thanks for looking today and for the super comments you leave for me  ... I'll be back again later!
Eileen x 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, what a glorious page. Will have to get my thinking cap on after the F1. Fab stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vibrant colours and a great way to alter a dictionary. Love your stamps and the way this has come together. Hope you are enjoying the F1.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page Eileen, gorgeous colours and more of Ryn's wonderful stamps (I have the water droplets) I think those leaves are going to have to join my wish list. I have brought an old dictionary, but so far have not started to work on it, maybe ths is the challenge to change that.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! What a stunning page Eileen. Love the vibrant autumn colours and the stamps go so well together. Really trying to get back into altering my dictionary - need more hours in the day. Enjoy your Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I really must get a dictionary to alter - this is a terrific page and those brilliant water droplets again look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastotic Eileen, I must try out my water droplets stamp (only had it about 6 weeks now...lol..) Time, if only there were more days in the week... Like Sue I think those leaves will also join my 'wish list', Enjoy the GP have a lovely day. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, every time I see that stamp I want one xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is spectacular those water drops are amazing, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Eileen, love the mix of pan colours and the stamps are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really enjoying this dictionary art that you have been doing. I could see myself getting into this. It's a great idea! Like how you blended the leaves into the colours that you chose for the background. Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Eileen, I missed this one the other day, caught it at Ryn's Facebook page, love it ! The leaves and water droplets look wonderful together, will be doing something similiar :) I've been playing with my Pan Pastels, love how they blend together. Great work as always ! Have a great week, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those droplets are amazing - I was convinced they were dimensional! I clicked your link to the stamp designer but couldn't see a UK stockist.
    I've been mooching around on your blog and see you are fantastic with colour - all your colours are clear and vibrant and this makes your work really fresh.
    Marina
    http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is shockingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.