Sunday, 26 August 2012

PanPastels, Lavinia Stamps and a bit of a 'breeze'!

Lavinia Stamps
Morning all ... my Internet connection is still a bit 'iffy' so it's a quick post again.
The PanPastel Challenge this week is Earth, Wind and Fire !  I loved the earth and fire bit... not so keen on the wind so it's a bit TIC! .....
I blended some of my PanPastels as a background and used a Nestie Circle as a template for the sun.

The halo around the sun was achieved by rubbing away some of the colour of the PanPastels with an eraser. This is a great bonus when using the Pans cos you can rub out any mistakes as well as adding features like clouds and mist!
All the stamps used here are from the Lavinia Stamps range. The words!!! are text from my PC :)

Please join in our challenge... its such fun and you can use any medium you like!  You could win some lush PanPastels to try from our sponsor, as a prize if you win!
Getting the wind up! 
Thanks for looking at my blog today and a very warm welcome to some NEW followers... always a lift when I see new people kind enough to take an interest in my work. Thank you x

Back again soon with strong internet signals so I can reply to some of your comments.
Have a good bank holiday.
Eileen xx

19 comments:

  1. What super colours Eileen they really brighten up your day.

    nice card!

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Eileen love the words they made me chuckle. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. had to laugh at the words you chose! Lovely colours once again.

    Made a card for the last challenge but missed the deadline. Will try and do better this week as I've already got a few ideas.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great one Eileen, you are a great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, a fabulous card Eileen......but we didn't really need to know the effect of beans and sprouts on your digestive system! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and stamps Eileen, make a gorgeous card.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great take on this challenge - made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Eileen and when I got down far enough to read the text is really made me giggle, fantastic take on this weeks theme lol
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card could be an illustration for a book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi again, another gorgeous & vibrant creation, love your style :) I had a 'go' with my Panpastels finally yesterday. They are so wonderful to blend with, but still in learning mode ! Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Eileen hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now is that a pun, baked beans representing wind? lol You did a fabulous job, nice to know that Pan Pastels can be erased too! I need your help naming my art wall in a gallery, if you could pop over for a peek, pick a name and leave me a comment, I'm also having a small prize drawing for everyone who helps me out! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it Eileen, it's beautiful and live your sense of humour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like many above, the words are very apt for the wind LOL. Your card is fab, colours just make it seem alive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another amazing creation as usual Eileen, I love your style, I had a right old giggle too, only you could get away with putting humour into such a beautiful creation xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!
    Was für eine prächtige schöne Karte!
    Das sieht so toll aus mit den Mohnkolben.
    Exellent!

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Eileen, Love the vibrant colours and the halo around the sun! The little dragon stamp as well as your choice of words made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it Eileen, are you talking about hubby or the girls here? lol... Dee x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.