Saturday, 25 August 2012

Distress Inks, Splodge Away Mat and Studio 490 Butterflies.

I had great fun making this card. The background is various colours of distress inks blended together with the help of a Splodge Away Mat.

This bit of kit is just amazing, it makes blending with inks and brayer work so much easier.
Studio 490 Butterfly and Leaf stamps, plus Dylusions Stamps.
 When my internet connection is stronger I will be putting up a distress inks blending tutorial using the Splodge Away Mat, along with a new Brayer Tutorial using the Mat instead of tons of copy paper!  Look out for these tuts in the next two weeks.
Tim Holtz Chit-Chat words and background stamps.
Thank you so much for popping by my blog today... new Panpastel Challenge starts tomorrow so I hope I will see you again then.
Have a great weekend
Eileen xx

15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful , a stunning piece of artwork. I have now purchased a mat after hearing about it on your blog and am so looking forward to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, yet another stunning piece of art!!! Simply love the colors and how you mixed Distress with Dylusions. I do not know what the Slodge Away Mat is, but i am thinking i MUST have it... do they ship to the US?? And I await that video...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Eileen love the colours

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen

    Stunning work as ususal. Love the colours and the butterflies.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Eileen, the colours are wonderful

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous piece of work - vibrant colours. Looking forward to the tutorials because a Splodge mat is winging its way to me and I didn't realise it could be used for brayering as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful make Eileen.

    Right . . . if the Splodge Away Mat is endorsed by you and you reckon it'll help with brayering . . .I'm willing to part with some cash! Looking forward to tutorials.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, vibrant colours ............ it's lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these bright colours and the butterflies look like flowers on stalks - very clever and very beautiful.
    Ann B
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Eileen just love your use of strong colours.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous project Eileen, beautiful colours and I love those butterflies. I've been umming and ahhing about the splodge away mat but I can feel myself weakening lol
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Eileen, I love your use of vibrant colours & layering of images. Great design! Looking forward to the Tutorial. I hope you are having a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVELY!! Gorgeous colours you've used, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Eileen, It seems that I am always commenting on your colours! Love the orange and green combo that you used. Neat honey comb texture in the background. The orange dots and white circles you added create a neat layered effect. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't believe I haven't commented on this? It's amazing as usual Eileen, I love the colour combo and those butterflies are great, can't wait to see your splodge away tut's xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.