Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Butterfly Fish and the Water Droplet Stamps by Ryn ..... plus some bleach!

Hey... some news! ... I'm back from the most super holiday on the Isle of Islay. A stunning, beautiful place. We enjoyed lots of sunshine.... always a bonus in the Scottish Highlands! We had gales as well but we won't go there!

More news... even better! Ryn, who designs the most amazing stamps, has invited me to be part of her design team.
I'm really thrilled as I adore her stamps and will join Shirley who has been designing for Ryn for a while now and has super blog here.
Both the cards I am blogging today were made using Ryn's stamps. The Butterfly Fish and Water Droplets.

Four squares of card 2" x 2" covered in Distress inks and glued onto some white linen card stock. Both images were stamped with archival black ink and then I 'highlighted' some areas of the fish with bleach. Each colour ink reacts in a different way with the bleach so you can get some stunning results. Use an old paint brush through.. not your best sable!

I made a mask of the Butterfly Fish so I could stamp over the top with the Water Droplets stamp.

Job done ......
It's good to be home ...... shame about the washing!
See you soon.. many thanks for looking today X
Eileen xx

20 comments:

  1. I love those stamps Eileen great work xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the tiled effect,very clever! That water droplet stamp is fab! Congrats on your new DT too! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards and I do love that water droplet stamp - the fish is good too of course. Pleased you had a good holiday. Congratulations on the DT appointment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that droplet stamp, brilliant cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh these are brilliant love the effect on the fish and love,that droplets stamp so effective well done on your DT too Hun hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Eileen, glad to hear that you had a good vacation :) I am thrilled to have you as a part of my Design Team! Your work is always inventive and beautifully put together :) Nice combination of the Butterfly Fish and Water Droplets. I agree with Julie's comment, the tile effect is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tiled effect with the fish, well done. Glad your home safe and sound. XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Eileen... love the bubble effect.... I've not tried the distress inks yet but seeing this card I may get a few and have a go.

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing Eileen! Always amazes me what you come up with! Love the colours and the tile effect is just fabulous! Congratulations Eileen on your DT position, and congratulations Ryn on getting Eileen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eileen ! Welcome back and a warm welcome to Ryn's Design Team ! I'm honoured to be working on the same team with such a talented lady. I love what you've done with the Butterfly fish & Water droplets. The bleach highlighting is awesome ! I also detect Twinchies on these cards :) Have a great day, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really fabulous design Eileen, such a great use of colour and Ryn's images.
    Glad you had a wonderful break and had some sunshine. Back to the rain here eh?
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic stuff here Eileen. Every time I see that droplet stamp used I WANT it!

    Good to hear you had a fun holiday.

    Back to the grindstone now eh?

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your DT post, you deserve it! Your designs are always stunning.
    Love these cards. The tile effect is fabulous and the fish look great with the bleach highlights. I've bought the water droplets stamp - can't wait to use it!
    Have a great day. Leave the washing, just craft! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Different but very nice Eileen

    You have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous for being on the DT for Ryan stamps... Congrats! They do have great stamps! Are they also being sold in Holland?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great news about the DT, you deserve it.
    Love your fish and the water drops look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow,stunning cards, love the waterdrops stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards Eileen and congrats with your DT membership! You are lucky to work with these beautiful stamps and I look forward to see your ideas with them! warm greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eileen this is gorgeous! Congrats on making the DT too - your creations are amazing and I always want to go 'play' and try to better mine after seeing one of yours! Love this creation - never done the bleach thing before so will add that one to my list. hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely amazing projects, and fantastic news about your new DT positions xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.