Friday, 23 December 2011

Distressed Inks, Gesso, a few Marianne Creatables Dies, a Clarity Stamp and some News!!

Hello everybody, not long now until the big day!

Are you ready? I am...almost!

I needed a change from making cards at the moment so I decided to make this Tag/Door Hanger!

I used a Going Places Cricut Cartridge and my Cricut Expression Machine to cut the Tag from Grunge Paper.

Then it was 'lets get all messy' with one coat of Gesso, which I dried with a heat gun, then a coat or two of white acrylic paint that was left to dry naturally for a few hours.

With a couple of bits of Cut 'n Dry foam I sponged the tag with various shades of Green Distressed Inks as a background.

I stencilled with Fire Brick Red Distressed Ink over the top using a Spellbinders Impressabilities Flourish Stencil. 

The quote from Shakespeare, was stamped using a Clarity stamp.
Apart from the Dark Green rose leaves all the other embellishments were made with Marianne Creatables Dies.

I have listed them here:
 
Leaves Set
Flower and Leaf Set
Decorative Elegance Set
English Rose Dies
Mini Poinsettia Die
Forest Branch
Garden Branch   Phew.... I think that's the lot ! 
I 'rolled' the Roses around in the White Paint ( paint everywhere! rock 'n roll!) then added some curled wire and a gem stone or two.... job done!

All of the die cut embellishments were attached to the card with glue from my Hot Glue Gun.

I loved making this Tag/Door Hanger.  Mmmmm .... think I will make some more. 


Now ... I would like to share some news with you that I am so pleased and excited about!

I applied for and have been invited to be, a Design Team Member for the PanPastel Uk Challenge Blog
Other team members that I am looking forward to working with, are, Kerry ( DT Leader) 
Lindsay , Linda , Gillian ,Brenda and Claire. Some seriously talented people!

Please have a look at their fantastic blogs. 

Playing with new crafty items is right up my street and I can't wait to get my hands on these super  PanPastel Products .  


Watch this space !


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my blog.


I will be posting again before Christmas so see you soon ! 


Luv
Eileen xxx




 








14 comments:

  1. Oooooh Eileen, this is gorgeous. The colouring technique and the Marianne die cuts are fabulous. LOVE it!
    Congrats. on your new DT post - you will be a great asset to the team.
    Have a very happy Christmas - hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS on your DT spot Eileen. Well deserved.

    I love this very artistic and pretty door hanger. Can see why you want to make some more!

    HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you and yours.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The door hanger is absolutely amazing! The background is so beautiful and those diecuts are gorgeous,especially the pretty roses.

    Congratulations on your DT spot and a Happy Christmas to You & Your's. Ger x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's different Eileen, look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous Eileen! Your roses are beautiful and the background distressing is so complimentary!
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eileen and congratulations on becoming a DT member!
    Hugs,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the Door Hanger, looks just wonderful. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! there are no other words to describe this stunningly beautiful art work. congratulations on your DT spot; the pan pastels look like they're fun to play with and i look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Eileen, I'm so pleased about your news, as was previously said, you will be a great asset to them and bring along some new ideas. Have a great christmas
    Luv Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Eileen, you will definitely fit in with Pan Pastel as you are one very talented lady. Thank you so much for you support to me and your lovely comments on my blog. I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in 2012.

    Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous door hanger Eileen, such a work of art. The background is amazing.
    Congrats on the DT position, I am very excited to be designing alongside you.
    Have a wonderful Christmas.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This door hanger is gorgeous and it is always nice to make something other than cards for a change. An impressive list of dies used. Congratulations on the DT appointment - I will look forward to seeing what you come up with using pan pastels (not investigated those yet).
    I forgot to say that is a great sentiment for the season.
    Have a great time over the holiday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news there Eileen, they are belssed to have such anamzing crafter on their team - and they look lovely prodcuts cant wait to see what you do - and do so love this tag dear friend, all the methods make for a great result, love and God bless, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh and meant to say congrats on getting your 200 wonderful Encouragers of your blog there- or really 201! love Shaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Eileen this is fantastic and congratulations on your DT post very well deserved Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.