Friday, 11 November 2011

Marianne Creatables Button Flower Die, Distressed Inks.....and an Old Book of Maps!

Woohoo Fans!

 Got a few links for you to check out today, if you want! This card is my entry for Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Challenge! on Lets Create Challenges Blog.  Please join in cos the more the merrier!

I tried hard to meet all the 'rules' lol .

One old off-cut of White Linen card ( I have tons of offcuts because I hate throwing stuff away ...yeah, I know, you are the same!)

I inked the edges with  Distressed Ink  and scored a few lines down one side and along the bottom to 'tart' it up a bit, using my Hougie Board.
I found a decaying! book of  Maps and used it to cut some Button Flowers from a Marianne Creatables Die.

 The flowers were coloured with various Distressed inks,blended with Cut 'n Dry foam.

Old bits of thread to make them look more interesting lol!

Peel-offs  for the stems that I have had for years and years and finally the 'Rub on' word  "Challenge" that I never thought I would ever use ....  I love it! Please have a go x

Thanks ladies, for the invitation to take part.


My Friend Chris created this little beauty !
Now ...feast your eyes on this ... a feast it is indeed!  My crafty mate Chris Richards create this beautiful work. Check  her blog for details. A proper stunner!

Welcome to some new followers ...so exciting.

I will be posting some Blog Candy when I reach 200 Followers so keep yer eyes peeled for some goodies!xx

Oooooo and have you heard of FAT PAGES ?I think this will be fun so check it out and sign up if you want to join in .... I'm going to have a go, it's something different.  I will be checking it out everyday so I don't miss the start!

Finally ...I just LOVED THIS  Babs ...this is priceless! Go and have a look sooooo funny ...Buttons and Bows Blog spot. Wonderful stuff x
Well, that's it for today.   Thanks for looking and linking! lol

I will be posting a WEDDING CARD tomorrow using a  LOTV stamp. Please pop back and have a look.

 Luv Eileen xxx





10 comments:

  1. Interesting and unusual card . .. well done for using up the word "challenge".

    Off to check out your other links now . . .

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eileen, love your recycled card,such a great idea !
    Thank you for linking my post, you are a sweetie! !
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great bit of recycling and using up with this card - I can tell you're a fan of Marianne dies just as I am. Thanks for the links too I'm off to take a look now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card you have created by doing some recycling....love the flowers.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eileen for linking up my egg story, that is so nice of you to do that, I really appreciate it. What a great idea for your card, it looks great. At first I thought you had used pop can tabs for the flowers, they have a metallic look. Have a super nice day Eileen,
    Luv, Babs xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, love the colours, just looks perfect, thanks for joining in our challenge over at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen, what a fantastic creation, really love how you used pages of maps for your flowers...they look fab!!

    Thank you so much for sharing your card with us.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Eileen, really love the way you have used the Marianne Creatables here truly lovely! thinking outside the square! love Shaz in oz.x PS thanks for sidebar link stats showing new lookers and I pray few stayers :D Ah, may thanks, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eileen your card is fabulous. Thanks for joining in our challenge at LCC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your recycled card is both creative and beautiful. Congrats on a challenge well met :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.