Tuesday, 11 February 2014

February Rochester Workshop Samples ... UPDATED POST

Hello Bloggers .. just a quick update on this post, to give you some details of the techniques I've used on my Workshop Samples from last Saturday. 
Card 1.
Distress Inks blended background, using the white, reverse side, of Centura Pearl card stock. ( This card stock really 'grips' your ink).

Roller removed from a Brayer and torn strips of cheap masking tape wrapped around the roller before snapping back into place.
Mist the Brayer heavily with water and roll it rapidly, a few times, over your distress ink back ground ..  cool effect! Dry with a heat gun.
Add some more ink through a stencil of your choice. Wendy Vecchi stencil used here.
Finally, add your stamped images, Studio 490 stamps on this card also from Wendy Vecchi.

Card 2
Distress inks background on the card stock as before.
Flick water over the background and dry with a heat gun.
Draw an oval shape on to the back ground in pencil as a guide and stamp the Lavinia Foliage Stamp around to make the wreath using various colours of distress inks.
'MUM' was cut from Quickutz dies.  
 

Card 3
Three colours from the Citrus inks range, (Oak House Studio) was  used for the background of this card. Add small amounts of your inks straight onto your craft mat and swipe the cards stock through the inks to get a very attractive but simple effect.
Cream card stock, also from Oak House Studio, used on this card.
The leaf image was stamped in various colours of Archival inks.
That's it .. I hope you find it useful.

Please may I take this opportunity to say, that my thoughts are with those of you and your families that are suffering so terribly, because of the flooding here in the UK. Stay strong, stay safe. X

Eileen xxxx
Thanks for looking today.

25 comments:

  1. I thought your strap line was referring to three ferrets! Lovely cards though Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! can't wait, these look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the other workshop will sell out before too long . . . esp. once they see these little beauties! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luvly jubbly - can't wait. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabby samples Eileen - especially love the butterfly one xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So looking forward to seeing you on Saturday - these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three fabulous cards as usual Eileen But I just love the first one as the colours are great and that is a lovely sentiment. I just love the way you have the butterflies going in three different directions. (following their dreams) very clever. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three lovely cards, Eileen, gorgeous colours as usual. They all have a lovely citrus tone apart from the last one which has more turquoise. I love the butterflies and the sentiment in the first card, and in the second the way you have picked out the 'Mum' and the butterflies in white with that lovely multi-colour ring of leaves. The third card again the leaves look good in all those different colours, and I love the tongue in cheek sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all just stunning xx lucky workshoppers xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Elieen, love the gorgeous rich vibrant colours. The middle card is my favourite.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning Eileen and so bright and juicy. any ideas what you will be doing for our lot yet? xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prachtige kaarten. Ik vind de kleuren geweldig. Groetjes Janny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, those butterflies look just wonderful. You are very creative and can't help sharing your enthusiasm. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous designs Eileens, as always I love your vibrant colours. Looks like the participants are in for another wonderful class! Have a great day, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh goody! Looking forward to making these little beauties! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eileen, these cards are divine!!! The first is my fave. LOVE the colour background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Eileen, wowser how excting, thanks for letting me know I've just about finished doing my happy dance lol. Perfect timing too as I've been drooling over those gorgeous Zen stamps lol. Your cards look amazing, you have such a wonderful eye for colour, wish I lived nearer as I'd love to come along
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love! Oh to be able to take your class....I know I say that a lot but it's true. When are you coming across the pond....Florida is usually nice this time of year. (wink wink)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow love the card with the butterflies!
    Groetjes Karin x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cards and great range of techniques! Ta Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all beautiful but I particularly like the middle one :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant cards so bright and cheerful would brighten up anyone's day even on these grey days. Yes I'm with you on your final sentiment of the blog, Eileen my heart goes out to them too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning creations. They are so inspiring. I wish I lived closer to come to one of your workshops or do you fancy doing a workshop in the southwest? Lol. They are all fab! X x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.