Monday, 6 January 2014

January 2014 Workshop # 2

Hi ho Bloggers and followers.
This is my second sample
for my first Workshop of 2014.
Saturday 11th January. Rochester Kent.
This card sample showcases a fabulous stamp from 
I'll update all my sample posts with details 
regarding the techniques I used, on Monday 13th.
Back tomorrow with the last sample.
.......
Update on the technique used for this card.
The Clematis Tower Stamp from Oak House Studios 
was stamped onto the reverse, white side, of some Centura Pearl card stock with Black Archival Ink. 
I painted the flowers with Masking Fluid ( use an OLD paint brush!) then left it to dry for an hour or two before blending distress inks over the top. I dabbed the background here and there with a baby wipe, to remove some of the inks for added texture.
When the colours are dry, rub off the masking fluid, using your finger, from the flower heads, to reveal the white card stock underneath. More Flower were stamped onto plain,white card then cut out and layered on top.
Simple! 
Eileen xxx

16 comments:

  1. Utterly delightful card Eileen.

    I'm guessing you're feeling better now and have shaken off that nasty cold/flu.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love that colourful background! Pretty flower stamp too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what we need on a grey day.... a dose of Eileen's vibrant colours. Gorgeous, colours & stamps reminds me that Spring will come round again soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. another fab one Eileen,love the b&w against the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp Eileen, and all the glorious layers of colour you have used. I like the glass-like centres to the flowers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning - gorgeous - can't really say more - but its a beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You amaze me with everything you create Eileen! I'm loving the colours in the background of this card. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I like the way you popped up some flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Eileen, I love the sentiment and the flowers!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Eileen, I just love the vibrant colours on your background, makes the flowers really pop. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous design, love the flowers and colourful background. I'm sure the class will be fabulous. Have a great weeek, Shirleyxx ps. not sure if I've wished you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pleased to see you are enjoying using Oak House Studio stamps and inks. Looking forward to see what else you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.