Sunday 5 February 2012

Tim Holtz Tag and Rosette Die ..... Plus PanPastels!




 Yo ho..... all you bloggers and followers!


I hope your weekend is going well. It's heavy snow and  cold here, so I've been 'forced 'to spend more time indoors crafting.... Its a hard life!

Take care if you are going out.


This tag is my design team sample for the PanPastel  UK Challenge Blog.

The theme is 'Happy Birthday'



It's a Tim Holtz technique from his 12 days of Christmas Tags.
 
Metal tape stuck to some glossy card then embossed in a Cuttlebug folder.
Cover with Acrylic paints, then sandpaper some paint off.

Swipe over the whole area with distressed ink then heat emboss with clear embossing powder. I did this twice but used Versamark ink the second time. It gives you a nice 'varnished ' look!

Cut to fit and attach to the tag. Use strong glue like Glossy Accents.

It was inspired from the Tim Holtz Twelve days of Christmas Tags ... you can see Tim's tag and how it was made HERE  
Such rich PanPastel Colours



It was fun and easy to make.

Tim Holtz is all over this post because the Rosette Die is also one of his!

I coloured both of the rosettes with Panpastels and they are available here.

Don't forget to set the PanPastels with a cheap hairspray!

I love the bright colours and they blend so well with no fuss or bother or naughty words!

The button for the middle of the rosette is a die cut from Marianne Creatables called 'Button Flower'
I am entering this tag in to the fab Lets create challenge blog.( Hi ladies! )
Have a super duper Sunday and I'll be back soon .

Thank you for looking at my post today and for leaving me such fab comments.

Eileen xx 

BTW.... Another  'Rudolph Day' is on the way .... keep a look out here Stamping for pleasure  !