Sunday, 5 February 2012

Tim Holtz Tag and Rosette Die ..... Plus PanPastels!




 Yo ho..... all you bloggers and followers!


I hope your weekend is going well. It's heavy snow and  cold here, so I've been 'forced 'to spend more time indoors crafting.... Its a hard life!

Take care if you are going out.


This tag is my design team sample for the PanPastel  UK Challenge Blog.

The theme is 'Happy Birthday'



It's a Tim Holtz technique from his 12 days of Christmas Tags.
 
Metal tape stuck to some glossy card then embossed in a Cuttlebug folder.
Cover with Acrylic paints, then sandpaper some paint off.

Swipe over the whole area with distressed ink then heat emboss with clear embossing powder. I did this twice but used Versamark ink the second time. It gives you a nice 'varnished ' look!

Cut to fit and attach to the tag. Use strong glue like Glossy Accents.

It was inspired from the Tim Holtz Twelve days of Christmas Tags ... you can see Tim's tag and how it was made HERE  
Such rich PanPastel Colours



It was fun and easy to make.

Tim Holtz is all over this post because the Rosette Die is also one of his!

I coloured both of the rosettes with Panpastels and they are available here.

Don't forget to set the PanPastels with a cheap hairspray!

I love the bright colours and they blend so well with no fuss or bother or naughty words!

The button for the middle of the rosette is a die cut from Marianne Creatables called 'Button Flower'
I am entering this tag in to the fab Lets create challenge blog.( Hi ladies! )
Have a super duper Sunday and I'll be back soon .

Thank you for looking at my post today and for leaving me such fab comments.

Eileen xx 

BTW.... Another  'Rudolph Day' is on the way .... keep a look out here Stamping for pleasure  !

20 comments:

  1. Well this colourful tag certainly cheers up a wintry day - brlliant. It is indeed a hard life when you're forced to stay indoors playing with ink, pastels etc LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it Eileen, have fun in the warm XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag (as usual) Eileen. We have 4inches of snow. The "Girls" aren't impressed!

    Thanks for the Rudolph Day shout out . . . next one starts 25th March! I'll be reminding you a day or two beforehand!

    Stay warm and cozy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is luscious Eileen, glorious colours and of course wonderful techniques from the great man himself - I just love your interpretation of T!m's tag.
    Have fun in the snow this morning if you go out and enjoy the rest of the day.
    luv {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely bright and beautiful piece, Eileen !
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Tag!! We have snow too, but sadly I will still be able to get in to work tomorrow...boo..Have a lovely day 'stuck' in the snow and happily crafting away!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous tag, I love the bright colours on those rosettes
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waw, Eileen what a beautifull tag, I hope you win the challange because I like it very much, you know, me and bright colours!!!Here in Belgium it's olso craft weather, but unfortunatly olso good weather to iron my cloth's (and those of my husband) , so for me only a very quick card!!!

    Greetings

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eileen this is so bright - I love it! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this TH technique Eileen, super bright an cheery colours (perfect considering the weather right now), LOVE LOVE LOVE the rosettes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely all the different colours and effects there Eileen love it thanks so much for sharing, love Shaz in warm and sunny Oz.x :D
    PS just perfect down at the beach this arvo for my walk - so blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic tag Eileen, lovely bright and colourful. I love your idea with the TH tag.BTW my PP's have arrived and I've started having a play with them, they're brilliant... I'm posting my first effort later tonight after dinner, so take a peek and see what you think. Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow i love that tag, the colours the texture the happiness ... its fabulous
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all so much for the super comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Eileen,
    Great to see you back, love your tag it is amazing. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Eileen this is just fabulous! I absolutely love the vibrant colours.

    Hugs
    Judex

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy colours! A good professional work! I enjoyed it! Good wishes from Russia!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous tag - thanks for sharing the technique! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you very much for following my blog! I am so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.