Sunday, 15 January 2012

PanPastels and Lavinia Stamps..... First PanPastel Challenge!

Hello everyone
This card is the first one I've made as part of the PanPastel Design Team  for their Challenge Blog.

Please take a look because you can enter the new challenge that starts TODAY called 'Anything Goes!'

You don't need to use PanPastels to enter.... any medium you like!

I only have a few PanPastel colours at the moment but I'm investing in a lot more from Your Creativity Store as I just love using these products.

I'm learning all I can about them ( lots of videos on you-tube) such smooth, rich colour coverage. Or, as in the case of this card, loads of white added to give a more subtle effect.

So versatile

I'm well impressed!

Now.... you all know how much I use my brayer and Adirondack inks, well, I can do super quick backgrounds with the PanPastels (easier too!) then stamp my favourite stamps using the Adirondack inks and Versafine inks as they work in conjunction with lots of different mediums!

I started this card by blending the colours I have on some water colour paper.

Then I stamped the Wild Poppy Stamp from Lavinia Stamps, using Adirondack Pitch Black Ink.

My trusty Hougie Board gave me the scored lines I needed on the card base .... a few bits n bobs plus a sentiment stamp from Clarity Stamps .......      Job done!

Thanks for stopping by today ... see you again soon. I'm off to make another card for the next challenge!

Luv
Eileen x

26 comments:

  1. I ought not to buy anything else crafty but must investigate these pastels - great card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Val ... they are really great. I love 'em!

      Delete
  2. Glorious colours Eileen - must take a peek at the Pan Pastel You-tube tutorials. Love the Lavinia stamp and the design of your card - stupendous!
    Have a happy Sunday - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia .... some of my family are coming over for a 'late' Christmas Dinner!!!

      Hope your are well xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely card Eileen, become a follower because like your art and creations and want to work also with the pan pastels. have to buy them yet but they are a bit expensive......so have to wait. warm greetz Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind comment Miranda. Lovely to meet you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love those gorgeous colours on the linen card Eileen, a fabulous make.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brenda ... I am having great fun! xxx

      Delete
  6. love it Eileen !
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris ... how's the new baby? I hope you are getting lots of hugs!

      Delete
  7. Love all the masking and colours you have worked with this week Eileen, fab card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Gillian .. I love the PanPastels and your beautiful blog ...as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! The colours are so lovely and vibrant and I just looove the texture from the watercolour paper! And the scored matt for the base - what a great idea! Fabulous creation!!!
    Hugs
    Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Eleen well you have excelled your self in your usual way and really love what you have done with this, and they sound super not in oz here yet but love your simple clean desing, thanks so much for sharing, love Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL creation ... thanks for the inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! I hope you'll stop back again real soon! Happy Crafting!

    Darlene
    MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Eleen. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a beautiful piece with great details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Eileen and a bit different from you, the Wild Poppy Stamp really adds to the effect and the colourings are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi

    wow great card.
    love ur use of colors. i wish i can do this too :).
    thank fer leaving love at my blog
    hugs
    Alyna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to be late on parade.

    This card is very emotional for me. If I received this after loosing a loved one it would make me smile even though I would be sad.
    The black flowers just make the card.

    Great work my love.

    Your a STAR in more ways than one. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! This is just incredible Eileen!! I'm going to have to investigate those pastels. This is the second piece I've seen using them and they are stunning!
    The colours are soft, but vivid, blended beautifully..Well done!
    Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on my blog!
    Hugs,
    Sheree
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there Eileen just letting you know that now have some thank you candy on my blog - to celebrate 100 Encouragers, love Shaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Eileen, Great card , love the colours! Stunning work..x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness Eileen this is one stunning creation. I love your work my friend.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ps congratulations on the DT too xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.