Sunday, 29 January 2012

PanPastels, Marianne Creatables Leaves, Impressabilities Stencil and some Memory Box Dies on a Tim Holtz Tag.

Hello,
This tag is my DT example for this week's  PanPastel UK Challenge

Please take a look and have a go at this week's challenge called 'Glitter and Glitz'.

As you may be aware by now, I'm having great fun with my PanPastels because they are so rich and vibrant. I'm vibrant .... just wish I woz rich!

This is a grunge paper, Tim Holtz die cut tag, painted with a coat of gesso, then one coat of white acrylic paint.

When it was completely dry I placed a Spellbinders Impressabilities stencil over the tag and stencilled the design with Versafine ink.
I applied some blue PanPastel colour which highlighted the patten of the stencil giving me a very attractive background .

Metal flowers painted with alcohol inks
I used a 'cheap as chips'  hairspray to set the PanPastel colour.






The other diecuts are Leaves from Marianne Creatables, (I used PanPastels to colour these in green) a Butterfly and a Floral Wreath, both from the Memory Box range.

The metal flowers are from my crafty 'stash' and cos they looked a bit battered I painted them with acholol inks .

I love tags so I think I will make a few more!


Thanks for popping by my blog today and many, many thanks for the super comments you are leaving for me to read and enjoy!

See you soon.


Eileen xx



17 comments:

  1. Truly magnificent Eileen best of luck in the challenge. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike ... but I am NOT in it ... I design examples FOR it lol! But I love you for your support... I do enter other challenges so if I win I will share the 'spoils' wiv you .... Fancy some rubber stamps lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning My Lovely, I really love this tag, it makes me feel all spring-like. Luv Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Eileen, it really looks the part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just breathtaking Eileen, what a superb tag. I love the colours and embellishments especially the metal flowers.
    I am very happy for you to have a go at my sample and looking forward to see your take on it.
    Have a great Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. what a super tag Eileen. The colours are stunning. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulously flambuoyant......love it !!
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!!! I love this very much and those colours are stunning too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulour tag - plenty of glitter and glitz too - brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh woooow!!! Your tag is stunning!!! Love the background and the flowers, and leaves and the butterfly - LOVE EVERYTHING!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Eileen what a lovely tag and like the impr. template effect on the background! Those memory box dies are so fragile, beautiful......again something for my wish list pfff, greetz Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning Eileen, I love all the foliage/garland dies to this tag. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Eileen, I love the delicate die cuts
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning tag Eileen, the colours are so fresh and pretty and the background really has the wow factor
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful and creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.