Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Lavinia Stamps, Adirondak Ink Pads and My Brayer.

Hello, I have had the most super day today, making a mess while playing with my Brayer and lots of stamps and ink pads. I feel really relaxed after a very busy few days.

 This card is a bit bright and that reflects my mood !
I have used Pepper Red and Sunshine Yellow Adirondack Inks and  all the images are from the Lavinia Stamps range. Gorgeous stamps, please have a  look at Tracey's work and shop HERE.

I only use my Brayer with the Matt card stock from Lavinia Stamps or the Silk card stock from Clarity Stamping.

I find I get a nice smooth finish with no lines as long as I remember to 'flick' my Brayer and do not overload it with ink, as with all things in life 'little and often' is best!

I have also inked the edges of the card with the Red Pepper ink, applied with Cut and Dry foam.
 The 'cracked ice' or 'water' effect was achieved by inking the brayer right on it's edge with Pitch Black Adirondack Ink, so that you get just a tiny very thin line right around your brayer then flick it over your art work as many times as you like till you are happy with the image. BE BRAVE!  lol!

The Chinese words on the die cut say 'Double Happiness' and it is a Punch that I have had for a few years!


Thanks for looking today and many thanks  for the lovely comments  and e-mails you are leaving about my work...it is very much appreciated.
Eileen x

14 comments:

  1. Wow this is a fabulous card - love the colours as they've brightened up a very dreary day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card, beautifully executed. I really must get my brayer out and have a play. You have really inspired me to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog for a few months now, and as of yet haven't had the courage to comment, but seeing your absolutely stunning card today I felt I had too.
    You are a true inspiration and your work is truly amazing.
    When I get time to eventually play with my brayer and ink pads if my efforts are even a quarter as impressive as yours are I will be really pleased.

    Thank you Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, love the colours & arrangement you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one nearly put me in a trance Eileen,orange is my fave colour and i couldnt take my eyes off the ripples in the water. Why are you not working for Tracey or Barbara???? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards are fabulous Eileen, but this one totally knocked my socks off....absolutely AMAZING xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a gorgeous creation Eileen!! it is really beautiful. I had a great time with my brayer and Stampscapes; do you have any of their stamps?... they work so well with the brayer did a post if you want to check it out... the effect with the flick of wrist going just right on the water and reflection is very,very clever and as you say a little at a time. I use any sort of paper that works I am afraid as had no rules or guidelines when I started and just fell into using whatever I had to hand, but do have favourites now. Practise and a light touch is the key.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eileen, this is just lovely - you have a real flair with your brayer and create beautiful artwork. ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A HUGE thank you for all the lovely comments left here .... I am quite touched by the kind remarks made ... Gonna get the brayer out again .....quick!! Cheers everyone .
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eileen, big thanks to you too- left a reply to your comment on my red black and white card said I will extremely honoured re your use of design and thought you would love those brayer ones - enjoy those links and stamps.. another learning curve and I oh so love them.. bit like those Cuttlebug plus folders about which you asked what the other one was?..decided if I get time to use it for next Wed WOYWW to show it too thanks again, and God bless,
    Shaz in Oz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful Card Eileen and a great blogger!! vick x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, soooo stylish Eileen, I always appreciate beautiful eastern cards but have never tried one myself.

    You really must get to work with Barbara!

    Ive got something for you over on my blog!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...what a beautiful card. I love the bright colors and you did a fabulous job with the brayer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.