Monday, 24 January 2011

Faux Cuttlebug Plus Embossing Folder!

Hi everyone, today's card is a bit of a 'CHEAT'.
I just loved a card that Shaz in OZ made a few days ago and wanted to make one like it.
Shaz has one of the new Cuttlebug Plus Embossing folders.
I saw the card she had produced and rushed off to BUY the folder!
On the sites I went to (that had it in stock) it was TWENTY-FIVE QUID ! Ouch! too rich for me for one folder even if it does cut, dance and sing "If I was a rich man"!

 So..... after having a good look at it I decided to cheat and using a 'normal' 5 x 7 Cuttlebug folder and a Labels Fourteen Nestabilities Die .... I have come up with this !

I stamped my flower image onto watercolour paper and used brush markers to colour it in.

I chose some Colorcore Cardstock( The Chocolate Box)  plonked the Nestie Labels Fourteen in the middle of the cardstock, cut it, then slipped it into the Cuttlebug folder and ran it through my machine.

 I stuck the flower image onto the back of the cardstock so you can see it through the aperture
and after distressing the card with a sanding block, I mounted it onto a pink card blank and fiddled around with some ribbon and a Nestie Ribbon Tag. Job done! I don't think it's as nice as the card Shaz has created ....but it's cheap!

Before I go, I would like to say a big thank you to Maggie and Maria and Keryn for my lovely blog awards. Many thanks ladies. Please check these blogs out cos they are fab!

Thanks for popping by today ...see you soon.

Eileen x

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Eileen. Love the Chocolate brown with the Pink. Your take on the embossing folder is brilliant. Now you have saved 25 quid, what you going to buy. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Necessity is the mother of invention. Well done for completing your card in your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well as the card was your brill idea in the first place ...maybe I should send twelve and half quid to you!! Mmmmm ....maybe not.... cos I spent a 'mint' on Stampscapes stamps thanks to you and the other Shaz. lol .... having fun playing with them xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Maggie ... Copied Shaz really ...Shhhh Don't tell her! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, & what a great way to use your nesties for more effects xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, Eileen! I've looked longingly at the Plus folders too, but thought, "Not at that price!" You've proved they are not a necessity, and I'm sure you've gained a lot more satisfaction from the DIY method (not to mention saving the 25 quid!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Eileen, your card is gorgeous, and equally as good as Shaz's. Just goes to show we don't always need new stuff do we? (Don't answer that !!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Eileen well done on your take on the design.. who says we crafty folk cant make do.. love it when we can use what is in our stash well done and love colour combo..
    Love Shaz In Oz.xx how are the Stampscapes coming on!!??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eileen, just goes to show how good us women are at making something out of nothing! lovely use of colours and imagination!!!
    BTW I just have to try out a card similar to Gerry Giraffe, perhaps it will de-stress me.... I feel like a wound coil at the moment! Can't wait to find some time to craft.. Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Anonymous...you know we all need new stuff! Buying it is the problem ! lolxx
    @ Dee, stop stressing and get crafting ..... I hope a Gerry look a like card will help lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome. I'm a new follower. :)
    Overstock has that folder for $18 ship included but I think you don't need it even at that price.
    Great job.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.