Sunday, 7 March 2010

Rock on..it's Monday!

This tag was shown in an advertisement in this months Craft Stamper Magazine for 'The Patchwork Butterfly Theme plate ' by Elusive Images ....this is one of the projects shown in the ad. I added a bit of bling ( just a touch!)


I brayered the background using a very smooth white card and Adirondak Teracotta & Butterscotch Dye Inks. One of the swirls from the plate was then stamped with the terracotta to get a tone on tone effect and then stamped again but just around the edges in .....Versafine black.


The large butterfly was stamped using a black pigment ink & embossed with clear embossing powder & coloured in with my wonderful Copics.The smaller butterfly was stamped onto red card and embossed with gold embossing powder...they were both cut out and layered over the tag ...I made a hole at the top of the tag and threaded some ribbon ..... a few gems for the bling along with two black wire antenna for the butterflies cos I don't do fiddly cutting and I had lobbed them off !!


The Irish prayer is also from the plate...I stamped and matted & layered it onto the tag that's it... job done !


I hope you will call by again soon, have a good week.
Eileen x

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Eileen,I've never used a brayer,need some tuition,it certainly gives a lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna do some brayer work at our next Allhallows Crop, you would always be welcome. Next crop 20th March ....Every month we meet ....but we are careful not to clash dates with Scrapbook Sisters crop .....xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just 'Love' the Antennae, who makes them for you, a professional?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yus ...Ken Godwin Sales.......sells antennas all over the world ...even to crafters for their Butterflies xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.