Thursday 18 December 2014

Sweet Poppy Stencil And The Bleeding Tissue Technique.

 
Hi, ho, Bloggers. Saw this Bleeding Tissue Technique on the Fiskars blog and thought it looked so easy to do. Well, it was, sort of !
'Bleeding Tissue Technique'
5 x 7 inch, Primed, Acrylic Canvas Board ( Winsor & Newton)
Pack of Bleeding Tissue from Amazon UK ( Cheap as chips!)
Hexagon, Lifestyle Crafts Dies (Oyster Stamps)
Sweet Poppy Stencils: Snowflake Bauble. http://www.sweet-poppy.co.uk/…/sweet-poppy-stencil-snowflak… 
Wendy Vecchi / Ranger Signature Pigment Inks ( used for stenciling)
Paintbrush and Water.
Finally....... here is the link showing you how to make it http://www2.fiskars.com/…/Summer-Camp/Kids-Craft-Tissue-Pai…
 I created two canvases but only one turned out okay ... the other went totally wrong as the tissue did not 'Bleed' very well. I think I used too much, OR not enough, water! .
This is how they looked after I had applied the tissue paper.


 I removed the tissue paper after it had dried to find that canvas one was okay but a bit pale so I added a few more of the  hexagon shapes, in another layer on top and, allowed another 'bleed'.
This is how it looked after it was dry and before I started to stencil .


It was good fun and I'll return to the other canvas and give it another go soon.
Thanks for looking today .
Back soon.
Eileen xx
BTW .. a million thanks for all the lovely comments you leave for me... very kind of you .XX