Friday, 25 October 2013

Imagination Crafts Stencils, Distress Inks and some Sparkle Gel Medium.

 Hi ho Bloggers. 
A quick post to share with you a few cards, using some products from Imagination Crafts

My first card was created with a stencil, some very pretty back ground paper designed by Tracey Dutton from Lavinia Stamps and some Sparkle Medium Glimmer Gel Paste, along with various colours of Distress inks.
I attached the stencil to my background paper with some Lo tac masking tape, it's a good quality weight paper, and coloured the image through the stencil with the Distress Inks.
Remove the stencil and dry the inks with a heat gun. Tape the stencil back over the image and apply the Gel Medium through the stencil.
Remove the stencil and allow the image to dry for
several hours... don't touch!  Pop your stencil into water to clean.



Imagination Crafts have a fabulous selection of stencils on their web site and I used some of them for all the samples posted here. Check out more of their products on QVC too!
Both the Holly and Butterfly cards were created using the same technique as above but after applying the Gel Medium and removing the stencil, I tipped Micro Beads over the image.
These cards took longer to dry but I really love this 'look'!


My final card this morning (another post using Sparkle Gel later) again features the beautiful background papers, a stencil with the same image to match the paper and some black dimensional paste I had in my stash.


Thank you for popping by my blog to look. I'll be posting some small cards later, that I created with various colours of the Sparkle Mediums along with some brass Christmas Stencils that I've had for YEARS and were FREE with various magazines I bet you have some in your crafty stash too! 
Eileen xxx

22 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and so inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, especially the last one you clever little thing, lol. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these are all SO appealing Eileen. I love the pretty coloured ones, but for me, the most striking card is the monochromatic final one. STUNNING.

    Keep on WOW-ing me my friend. You're AMAZING.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous Eileen, and I have to agree with Sarn, the final one is the most striking.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting patiently to see what you would create with imagination crafts products and boy it was worth the wait! These are absolutely AWESOME!!!!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy creating gorgeous cards yet again. Love how the butterfly on the first card seems to be fluttering off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a scrummylicious post today Eileen.
    Fankoo for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eileen. Wow. these cards are scrummy. Only wish I could stamp(not my foot,lol) The black and white is my favorite. Have a great weekend. Hugs. Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. smashing effects - but I LOVE the monochrome trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each and every one is stunningly beautiful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow live them ,so what's this gel ??????
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a dimensional paste type product Martine... I'll bring some to my Workshop in November and do a demonstration and you can try it
    E X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow they have come out beautifully. Well done you! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are just fabulous Eileen - so beautiful - never tried this with the microbeads - another thing to try and remember to try! Lol!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards Eileen, you are a master with these stencils, I still need to practice to avoid escaping splodges! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. your cards are awesome and that gel paste is the key element...I tried this a LONNNGtime ago but never did it again fort the time issue and the cleanning part, but you have inspired me again...so this is in my list of to do's! TFS
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stunning... love it... the colours are just fab Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. All fantastic ....love em....x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh Eileen, just adore the last card with the monochrome colour scheme and tiny butterfly, the rest are awesome as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.