Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Lavinia Stamps Tutorial ... Thistles.





Yo ho .. it's me again. A quick card today with a picture tutorial for you to follow if you wish to.
This card uses first, second and third generation stamping with various colours from the Versafine Range of ink pads. The card stock I've used is Centura Pearl from Crafters Companion. I turned the card over and blended the colours of Distress inks shown in the pictures, onto the reverse,white side of the card stock .

Crushed Olive, build up several layers using a blending tool.

Add more layers with Squeezed Lemonade

Finally, blend Bundled Sage around the edges.

 Take off first generation Versafine ink onto scrap paper.

Lavinia Stamps 'Thistles'
As you can see, the smaller Thistle 'bud' was inked up and then stamped off onto scrap to remove the first generation layer of ink. The large Thistle was inked and stamped straight onto the card stock.
All the stamps I've used are available from Lavinia Stamps.
Mat and layer your card onto a card base, .... job done!
I hope I've remembered to include everything in this tutorial.
Please message me if you have any questions.
Thank you all, so much, for the interest in my blog..... every comment is really appreciated. 
Eileen xx

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tutorial - surely it is a shame to use the reverse side of Centura Pearl - seems a waste of a lovely card to me although I realise this wouldn't work on the 'right side', maybe there is a good reason for doing this??. I think some of your thistles may well be teasels. Lovely result though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Val .. the White reverse side is, I found, far superior than other card stock for blending distress inks using the blending tool... I use it for all my work shops! So Smooth! I use Lavinia Matt card stock for my brayer work. Yeah, I wondered about the 'teasels' but they are listed as Thistles on Tracey's site so I stuck to that! E xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial, thanks Eileen. I think I need to learn PATIENCE with my inking! I can see it pays off!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Eileen, thanks for the info, I will defiantly give this 1 a go.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info about that card being good for blending - I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tutorial Eileen, ending in a gorgeous card. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thistle stamp & the card you've created really does it justice :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant tutorial, loved the result will be putting it into practice very soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant!!! Thank you so very much for sharing a truly awesome card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, gorgeous colors!
    Groetjes karin x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card again Eileen!!!!!! Love the colours you have used .
    Andy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colours, thanks for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb result, thank you for the great tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple technic but very effective love it , thanks Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for Sharing! another beautiful Eileen card!! love Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful design and great tutorial! Love the colours :) Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow! Eileen this is gorgeous. Two more stamps for my Wish List! Must turn some of my Wish List into my Got List!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A super tutorial Eileen, thank you for sharing this with us. I love the colours thats going on with these thistles.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.