Sunday, 13 May 2012

Playing with Tim Holtz Distress Pens

 
It's me again fans....

Super Sunday, great F1 racing. Shame Jensen or Lewis didn't win but not long until the next one!

 What do you think of my card using the new Distress Pens?

The background was made with the new TH Spring Colours, Distress Ink pads, purchased from Ali-Craft, great customer service from this on-line store.

The stamp is one I've had for years, a Penny Black image called 'Fireworks' 3948K.  I inked the stamp with various colours using the Distress Pens. You can see the colours I've used from the picture on the right.

 I had a great time playing around and tried 'blending' the inks as I coloured a number of stamped images on various types of card stock ... not very successfully I'm afraid, in fact the experiments were a total failure apart from the technique I've used on this card!

  I will try other paper and card stock and see how I get on, but I think using the pens on the stamps directly seems the best way, for me, to go. 

Have you used these pens? How have you got on with them? Please let me know.
I must say I love the colours. They are not as vibrant as the ink pads but gorgeous just the same!

Thanks for looking at my blog today .
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
See you soon

Eileen xxx

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pens. Colouring directly on to stamps before stamping is "fun" if not a little hit and miss with the colours :) they are great on some of the lily of the valley girls as you can fade out the colours on the dresses etc. Yet again Eileen you've made another stunning card :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours on this card and so effective with that lovely stamp. I have the new ink pads but so far have managed to resist buying the pens so can't comment on them I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Eileen, loving those spring colours for the distress inks (note to self - need to get these).
    I've only got a couple of pens and not really had a chance to play with them yet so can't comment on their best use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First class Eileen I love it. I got some in pads from Ali crafts, and yes they are good to deal with. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the background follows the stamps - even though you must have stamped them afterwards! Now that's preparation ;) Looks great. M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Eileen, beautifully coloured and stamped with the markers. I am afraid I was disappointed in them when I coloured in some images, but they work great for this technique. Shame the colours don't match the DI pads.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, you have come up trumps again. This could be used for a number of different occasions. Love how the background flows with the image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Eileen, just bootifull. and as ere indoors says xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautifull Eileen, I really like your colours!!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great results Eileen. Love this. Haven't got any of these pens . . .don't start me on ANOTHER thing for my wish list. Still haven't got any PP's yet! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning card Eileen. Thanks for sharing your Distress Marker experiences. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.