Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Foil It Machine

Huh! Had this since Christmas ... not used it yet!
Trust me ....the fish is shiny!
Morning all ... I will post a card later today but I thought you may be interested in my Foil It Machine .... This was a Christmas present from my husband! I think he is a bit miffed cos I have not used it yet.....  not surprised, it seems I am a bit ungrateful  :(    but truthfully, I am so delighted with it and today I am going to play ..... I will let you know in a while how I get on.... see you later maybe....x



Yoo hoo... back again.

Well, I have had a great time.

Overall I am very pleased with the performance of the Foil It. It's very easy to use and the instructions are clear and easy to understand.

All the words shine when you catch the light right!
The machine comes with some sample foils and photocopied images to practice on. These 'foil up' very well indeed and look great. Also included is a CD that has 100 clip art images on, that you can download on to your lappy.

Any image printed on white paper, that I tried, worked well each time.

I typed some words and printed them out on white smooth 160gm paper and the effect was great. I have posted a picture ... it looks uneven because of the light but it is very good in 'real life!'

This looks lovely
You can only use images that are printed on a laser printer ( I nicked  my husbands!) or photocopies.

I wanted to see how the machine behaved on dark coloured card and paper .... well, not too good to begin with.
Some of my paper/ light card, had a slight texture and the foiling was patchy.... even on smooth dark paper/ card it did not seem to have much effect. The foiling was very poor.

So, reading the instructions again and with a cup of coffee and TWO Mr Kipling French Fancies (I have a weakness for them) I started to 'turn up' the heat!  Better results.... tried all different sorts of dark paper and some dark pearly stuff ....better and better results .... turn the heat up again  much better still .... so that's it really, you need to play and try different textures with your paper and  adjust your heat settings .... I am pleased with the machine and will use it a lot for my inserts .... I hope you find this post useful.


Enjoy the rest of your day. After more coffee and cake! I will be posting another card that I made a few days ago. Thanks for popping by.

 Eileen x

13 comments:

  1. Good luck Eileen . . . hope it does everything you dreamed it would!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and we just ditched our lazer!! lovely results Eileen, so professional as usual

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Eileen this looks like an amazing piece of kit!

    Thank you so much for sharing your experience of it, Id like to think that it will be useful one day in the future - I always live in hope!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing gift how clever of DH,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eillen, glad you are enjoying playing with your machine at last. I bet your hubby was wondering if he had done right buying it. Experiementing with the heat settings for different card is the right way to go, but don't forget to try the other method for thicker or textured card - shown in the instruction book.

    Patsy May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog. I just bought a laser printer to use with my inkjet printer. I would love to know more and where the best price can be found. This is another cool gadget and yes, will add that little extra bling to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cely.... Thanks for your comment and welcome to my blog ... Patsy May,who has left the comment here, above yours, is the owner of the site/web shop where my husband purchased my Foil It .... can't find anywhere cheaper..... Just Google 'Foil It' and look for Patsy May ... The machine is a great bit of kit to have and I am using it a lot !! E x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a foil it machine but as yet have not bought the laser printer. Can anyone help me with the one I need to purchase. I use cardstock pearlised up to 300gsm. I understand about turning the heat up for heavier stock but I dont want to buy a printer that wont take my cardstock. Can any of you lovely people out there help please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry my name is Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kim... I think your best bet regarding the printer would be to find some Craft Forums and ask for advice on them ... Facebook have so many pages for crafters to help each other and answer questions. I have found them very useful. I use my machine for inserts so I do not use heavy card stock. A trip around your local PC store clutching a card sample in hand might be a good idea as well Lol! Let me know how you get on xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Eileen

    I too have only just found your amazing blog site. What stunning cards your produce - thank you. I also have a Foil It machine that I purchased earlier this year, but haven't used it very much as I seem to be having paper problems - crinckling (not sure that is a word, but hey ho). I must get back in touch with Patsy May to see if she can help - I think she lives locally. I will certainly keep accessing your site.

    Well done and thank you

    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. how to buy in india

    radiumzart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. heloo

    i want tobuy this Foil It Machine how to buy in india & price?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.