Tuesday, 1 February 2011

The Black Magic Technique with Anita and Clarity Stamps.

Clarity Leafy Swirl Stamp.

Hi, I have learnt a new technique today, it's called 'The Black Magic Technique'

I had great fun and have a couple of examples to show you here.

I have used an Anita's Stamp on the completed card and the 'topper' that I am hoping to make into a card soon is an old favourite from Clarity Stamps ....my 'Leafy Swirl'
 The technique is so easy to do and has been around for a number of years but I have not seen it very often.

You need a 'solid' image stamp and black card stock along with White Pigment ink.

Anita
Stamp your image onto your black card using the white ink and allow to dry. Use a heat gun if you wish.

Then using colouring pencils, colour your image in and finally 'highlight' any areas you like with a white gel pen. That's it! Job done! Easy or wot?

I found Watercolour pencils were very good to use but my Polychromos Pencils and some Sansodor were better. You can get great results with ordinary and metallic pencils too! 

I love the effect ....what about you?

Thanks for looking today.

See you soon, enjoy your week and happy crafting.



Eileen x

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Eileen - thank you for sharing the technique, it really is effective - the images seem to "pop" out of the page. Love the vibrant pencil colours. x Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo what a great idea hunni and images are absolutely gorgeous :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Eileen!

    A pair of late owls we are tonight!

    Well Ive never seen that before, thanks so much for sharing it with us all. As soon as I can find my white ink I think I will have to have a play!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely indeed Eileen will have to try I as have stamps that would really work not sure about my pencils as dont have huge range but will give them a go thanks for sharing..
    love Shaz in Oz.xx PS thanks for you links to my blog at various times the stats show how popular you are as you are top of my list of those who have popped across even eating Stampscapes!! :) by the bye have you had a play with them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this technique Eileen - am definitely going to try it as soon as I get a moment - thanks for your usual brilliant idiot-proof instructions :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Eileen I am really into using black card at the moment.and am going to try your tecnique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.