Monday, 18 April 2016

Alcohol Inks on Yupo Paper and a Penny Black Stamp, Snowy Grove

Morning all.. I have heaps of projects that I haven't found time to Blog yet. Here is one of 'em!


Tim Holtz technique using Alcohol Inks on Ranger White Yupo Paper, from Oyster Stamps plus a Penny Black Stamp, Snowy Grove. After applying the Alcohol Inks to make a background, stamp the trees image using Black Archival ink and when dry, rub the ink off again with a clean, dry cloth.
You Tube with Tim Holtz showing this technique HERE.


This leaves you with a resist, ghostly image... Love the look!
Back soon with more..... Thank you so much for popping over to look at my Blog today X
Eileen

9 comments:

  1. Oh this looks really lovely. Off to Youtube. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and very artsy...love it x Off to look at the video too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous piece of artwork Eileen and have just watched the video and wow! This yupo looks like great stuff and so versatile. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful effects with that colors. Fantastic!
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This technique results in a beautiful ethereal image - love it. I must investigate further, first I'd heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful result, Eileen! I've used Yupo for years as a substrate for watercolors, Alcohol Inks, and Color Bursts, Brushos, and Bister. I love this stuff!! I hadn't seen the Tim Holtz video so watched and gave it a try. I didn't know if my ink pad was juicy enough, because the image left behind was quite grey, but now that I look at your piece again, I see that it is also quite grey. Thanks for sharing your work - I don't know if I'd ever found this technique without your blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is stunning. I definitley have to try this out. TFS. Daria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ... Much appreciated.