Friday 23 December 2011

Distressed Inks, Gesso, a few Marianne Creatables Dies, a Clarity Stamp and some News!!

Hello everybody, not long now until the big day!

Are you ready? I am...almost!

I needed a change from making cards at the moment so I decided to make this Tag/Door Hanger!

I used a Going Places Cricut Cartridge and my Cricut Expression Machine to cut the Tag from Grunge Paper.

Then it was 'lets get all messy' with one coat of Gesso, which I dried with a heat gun, then a coat or two of white acrylic paint that was left to dry naturally for a few hours.

With a couple of bits of Cut 'n Dry foam I sponged the tag with various shades of Green Distressed Inks as a background.

I stencilled with Fire Brick Red Distressed Ink over the top using a Spellbinders Impressabilities Flourish Stencil. 

The quote from Shakespeare, was stamped using a Clarity stamp.
Apart from the Dark Green rose leaves all the other embellishments were made with Marianne Creatables Dies.

I have listed them here:
 
Leaves Set
Flower and Leaf Set
Decorative Elegance Set
English Rose Dies
Mini Poinsettia Die
Forest Branch
Garden Branch   Phew.... I think that's the lot ! 
I 'rolled' the Roses around in the White Paint ( paint everywhere! rock 'n roll!) then added some curled wire and a gem stone or two.... job done!

All of the die cut embellishments were attached to the card with glue from my Hot Glue Gun.

I loved making this Tag/Door Hanger.  Mmmmm .... think I will make some more. 


Now ... I would like to share some news with you that I am so pleased and excited about!

I applied for and have been invited to be, a Design Team Member for the PanPastel Uk Challenge Blog
Other team members that I am looking forward to working with, are, Kerry ( DT Leader) 
Lindsay , Linda , Gillian ,Brenda and Claire. Some seriously talented people!

Please have a look at their fantastic blogs. 

Playing with new crafty items is right up my street and I can't wait to get my hands on these super  PanPastel Products .  


Watch this space !


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my blog.


I will be posting again before Christmas so see you soon ! 


Luv
Eileen xxx