Sunday 13 June 2010

Lets do dots!

Hi, I have found it a bit difficult to post this week as the time has flown by. We have been looking after Holly, my son Martin's puppy who is Daisy's sister.We have had a super time having loads of 'adventures'! and at times they have acted like two naughty kids. You know, one minute fighting then the next, silence as they both get stuck into some mischief ...usually digging huge holes in the lawn !

Tomorrow is a big day for us as Daisy is going to the vets for spaying. We know it is routine but you can't help worrying little. I am sure things will be fine and I have bought all her favourite foods to help her over the operation. We intend spoiling her and why not? life is too short not to spoil those we love ...be it family or friends or a pet . I have a 'wish ' list of crafty stuff if anyone wants to spoil me !!

The card I have posted today uses a technique I saw in a card magazine ( can't remember which one)

The flowers were stamped in black ink, embossed with clear powder and then using ordinary colouring pencils in three different shades of blue  you just 'tap' the pencil onto the image till you build up the colour and shading with loads of  'DOTS'

Please don't rush this ...it takes time and is a bit noisy as the pencil 'hits' the paper ...OK... I will admit it ....I love the affect but it drove me mad doing it !

The background striped paper was also created using the same coloured pencils ...blues again with some  brown, just random lines running down the paper.


A white card blank ....a bit of matting and layering ...cut out the flowers and fix them to the card with foam pads ...cheap as chips !!!
I would like to say thank you to my 'best crafty mate' Karen for a super day yesterday ...loads of fun and those cakes were 'yummy' ! Looking forward to the Allhallows Crop on Saturday ...whoop whoop !

Holly, Ken and Daisy.
Thanks for looking today. Have a good week .
Eileen x