Tuesday 27 April 2010

Hougie weekend.

See 'Art Deco card' post for how to make this card.

Hi, a new week and a new score board! I just adore my Hougie board. Karen, Sheila and I bought one each at Ally Pally. I am not sure what they think of it but it is one of the best bits of 'kit' I have purchased for a long time. I love using scored lines on my cards and this board makes it so easy to get the right spacing without the need for measuring...suits me.
The 'Art Deco' card base was demonstrated on TV using the board and I felt it was a bit different ...I used a Clarity Stamp called Madeleine and after embossing with clear embossing powder I coloured 'her' with my Copic pens. I was lucky to receive some Spellbinder Nestabilities for Christmas last year so I used the octagonal set as a base for my lady. Some red peel offs, gem type brads and a red feather and it's almost finished except for a dab of glossy accents to highlight the flower in 'Madeleine's hair.



 I really enjoy using my Butterfly Shapeabilities and this card was also made fairly quickly. White card stock and a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Distress Stripes, one white oval 'nestie and one pink scalloped 'nestie, along with some butterflies, cut, embossed and stencilled in the die, using chalk ink pads.  My Tuesday has been fun, I hope yours has as well...sunny too!
Thanks for stopping by today.

Eileen xxx